A recent study says, spiritual and religious practices can drive depression away and keep someone from various diseases. If you are religious, spiritual, and often take the time to pray every day and use miracle healing prayers, there is evidence that these activities are very beneficial for your brain and body. According to one study, spiritual and religious practices can fight depression – especially for people who tend to experience the disease – by thickening the brain cortex. Research conducted found that people who uphold their religion and pray regularly have a thicker cortex than those who do not.
Cortex depletion, especially in certain parts of the brain is an indicator of worsening health, especially because of depression. The thicker cortex indicates that the chances of the person suffering from depression are smaller, thus showing that prayer and spirituality produce some extraordinary benefits for the human brain. Some of the benefits of praying for your body, namely:
1. Stress-free. Pray affects the state of mind, helps you relax and thus reduces the effects of stress on various organs of the body. Praying is not only beneficial for reducing mental stress but also helps combat physical stress and even alleviates your emotional reaction to that stress.
2. Help overcome emotional attacks. Praying is very useful in providing strength to overcome the emotional stress that you experience. Praying allows you to reflect alone, so you can think and focus on yourself and reduce mental stress.
3. Keep away from various diseases due to stress. Chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, ulcers, and migraines are believed to occur due to too much stress. Stress is the main reason for the buildup of toxins in the body, which not only leads to chronic diseases such as diabetes but also cancer.
4. Happier. A study conducted by the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania discovered the fact that praying can increase levels of dopamine or “happy hormones” in your brain. Make you happier and more peaceful.
5. Speed up postoperative recovery. Several other studies have found that praying can help speed up postoperative wound healing. That is because if you are feeling depressed, the body focuses all its efforts to balance yourself; resulting in a lack of resources to heal wounds.